shortcut to content

Gloversville Enlarged School District

visit the Gloversville High Schoolbullet dividervisit the Gloversville Middle Schoolbullet dividervisit Boulevard Elementarybullet dividervisit Kingsborough Elementarybullet dividervisit Park Terrace Elementary
September 21, 2017

news

Posted 5/1/17

Capital project site work under way at middle/high school campus

 Heavy machinery moved in on the athletic fields at the middle/high school campus Monday, launching the work on the Gloversville Enlarged School District’s $37.8 million capital project.Heavy machinery on athletic fields

The site work that is getting underway this week is comprised of the drainage associated with the athletic upgrades. This summer, work will begin on the new multi-use track and grass field, all-weather synthetic turf field, tennis courts and softball and baseball fields.

The next phase of the capital project, which is slated to begin in the spring of 2018, will address infrastructure and health- and safety-related issues such as masonry, sidewalk and paving repairs; heating, ventilating and air-conditioning work, window and door replacement; lighting upgrades; floor and ceiling replacement, insulation work and more.

Current traffic patterns at the middle and high schools also will be improved for student safety and vehicle access, and school entrances and classroom doors will be strengthened for increased security.

If plans proceed as scheduled, all work related to the capital project is expected to be complete by fall 2018.

GESD voters approved the capital project in November 2015. State building aid is covering 98 percent of the principal and interest costs. Existing local reserve funds are covering the remaining 2 percent of the project’s costs, so the project will be completed with no additional local tax impact.

.