The use of technology at Gloversville Enlarged District is used to facilitate learning and communication by enabling our community to become proficient critical thinkers who can access, process, analyze, synthesize and evaluate information using a variety of technological media.
1. Every student should have equal access to the development of skills and knowledge of technology throughout their school career.
2. Learning and technology are interrelated and they will mutually affect each other as they evolve. Knowledge and curriculum will drive technology.
3. Technology should be integrated into the classroom and curriculum so as to become an everyday aid to teaching and learning.
4. Teaching and learning is a human experience and technology can enhance the interaction of the teacher and learner.
5. The introduction and utilization of technology in the Gloversville Enlarged School District educational program will assist in the fulfillment of its mission.
6. Technology is a constantly evolving set of systems that requires maintaining relevance to the technological needs of society.
7. Ongoing staff development is required and serves as an integral component in integrating technology within teaching and learning.
A Technology Plan was developed for this district out of the strong belief, supported by research, that technology can significantly enhance the learning environment, increase staff productivity, and improve the teaching and learning process. Furthermore, technology is seen as a critical component for the preparation of our students. Our Technology Plan defines the vision and objectives for moving students forward into the 21st century.
The use of technology tools in the district is focused on the development of higher level analyses, evaluation, communications, presentation and decision-making skills. Software tools and software applications are selected based on the need to increase student learning within and across the subject areas in order to prepare students for their future in the 21st century.
Technology is also important as a means of changing teaching and learning in order to prepare students with the 21st century skills they need to be successful. This technology-based learning will expand the opportunities available for students to interact with, to understand and to change their world.