The Gloversville Enlarged School District has ongoing registration for new students throughout the school year and summer. Also, every spring, the elementary school hosts its own kindergarten registration and orientation. For a child to qualify for kindergarten, he or she must be five years of age by December 1 of the school year they start school.

For questions regarding registering a student, please contact the Central Registrar between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 518-775-5700 ext. 9722.

Enrollment/Registration Process

At the time of your appointment with the district’s Registration Office, please bring with you the following completed forms and documentation listed below for each child you are seeking to enroll in the district. These forms are available on the district’s Forms and Publication page.

  • Registration Form 
  • Enrollment / Residency Questionnaire
  • Tuition Application Form

Additional Documents

In addition to the forms outlined above, please submit the following documents to the Registration Office for each child you are seeking to enroll in the district. All documents submitted will be copied and returned to you immediately, if necessary.

Proof of Residency

In order for your child to attend school in the district, you must own or lease a residence located within the district and physically reside with the child in that residence.

To establish a physical presence in the district, please submit:

  • A copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium (i.e. a deed or mortgage statement);
  • A sworn or unsworn written statement from a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom you lease or share property within the district; or
  • A written statement from a third-party establishing your residency in the district.

In the event you cannot provide any of these documents, in determining your residency, the district will consider any of the following:

  • Paystub;
  • Income tax form;
  • Utility or other bills;
  • Membership documents based upon residency, such as library cards;
  • Voter registration document(s);
  • Official Driver’s License, learner’s permit or non-driver identification card;
  • State or other government-issued identification; or
  • Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies, such as local social service agency or federal Office of Refugee Resettlement.

Documentation of Age

In order for the district to confirm your child’s age please submit either:

  • A certified transcript of a birth certificate;
  • A record of baptism confirming the date of birth for the child to be enrolled in the District. A foreign birth certificate or record of baptism will also be accepted; or
  • If a certified transcript of a birth certificate or a record of baptism is not available, please submit a copy of the child’s passport. A foreign passport will be accepted.

In the event you cannot provide a passport, the district will consider any of the following documents as long as it was issued two or more years ago:

  • Official driver’s license;
  • State or other government-issued identification;
  • School photo identification with date of birth;
  • Consulate identification card;
  • Hospital or health records;
  • Military dependent identification card;
  •  Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies, such as local social service agency or federal Office of Refugee Resettlement;
  • Court orders or other court-issued documents;
  • Native American tribal document; or
  • Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.

If any of these documents originate from a foreign country, the district may request verification of such documentary evidence from the appropriate foreign government or agency, consistent with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 20 U.S.C. §1232g. The enrollment of your child will not be delayed by the district’s verification of these documents.

Proof of Custody:

In order for the district to confirm your custody of your child, you may be required to submit either:

  • A written affidavit indicating that you are the parent(s) with whom the child lawfully resides;
  • A written affidavit indicating that you are the person(s) in a parental relation to the child, over whom you have total and permanent custody and control and describing how you obtained total and permanent custody and whether it is through a guardianship or otherwise; or
  • Judicial custody orders or guardianship papers.

The district will also accept other proof of custody such as documentation which indicates that the child has been placed by a federal agency with a sponsor.

Health Records:

Pursuant to Education Law §903, 8 NYCRR §136.3 and Public Health Law §2164(7), please submit the following documents:

  •  Health Physical Exam Records: The exam must have been performed within the 12 months prior to the child’s start date in our school district. If a physical has not been performed, you are allowed 30 days from the start of school to obtain one.
  • Immunization records which may consist of:
    • A certificate of immunization from a healthcare practitioner or from New York State Immunization Information System or Citywide Immunization Registry confirming that the child has been fully immunized;
    • Documentation that the child is in process of receiving required immunizations;
    • A signed, completed medical exemption issued by the New York State Department of Health or a signed statement from a New York State licensed physician certifying that the immunization may be detrimental to the child’s health, containing sufficient information to identify a medical contraindication to a specific immunization and specifying the length of time the immunization is medically contraindicated. This medical exemption must be reissued annually and the district may request additional information in support of the exemption.

Other Records

  • Transcripts of grade to date;
  • IEP (Individualized Education Plan) from IEP (Individualized Education Plan) from the previous school district; 3. Section 504 documentation from
  • Section 504 documentation from previous school district; and/or
  • Last report card issued for your child.

Kindergarten Registration

To be eligible for Kindergarten at the opening of a school of any year, a child must be five years of age on or before December 1.

Registration takes place in the spring prior to the following school year.

For September 2019 Kindergarten enrollment, your child must turn five (5) by December 1, 2019.

Tuition for Non-Residents

Annual tuition for students living outside of the district are as follows:

  • K-6 regular education: $2,898
  • K-6 special education: $18,234
  • 7-12 regular education: $4,183
  • 7-12 special education: $19,519

One-half of the total tuition is due before the beginning of the school year, and the second-half is due in December (before the beginning of the second semester.)

Students in Temporary Housing

Gloversville Enlarged School District students may be able to receive services under the McKinney-Vento Act. McKinney-Vento is the primary piece of federal legislation dealing with the education of children and youth experiencing homelessness in U.S. public schools. It was reauthorized as Title X, Part C, of the No Child Left Behind Act in January 2002. Students protected under the McKinney-Vento Act which may entitle them to immediate enrollment in school, transportation, and other services.

To help determine if a student is eligible, the school district asks two questions when a student enrolls:

  • Is your current address a temporary living arrangement?
  • Is this temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship?If you believe you may qualify for services under the McKinney-Vento Act please contact (518) 775-5796.
It is the goal of the Gloversville Enlarged School District to ensure that the content on this website is accessible to all users. View our accessibility statement.
This website is maintained by the district’s communications office. The district is not responsible for facts or opinions contained on any linked site. Some links and features on this site require the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. Visit the Adobe website to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. This website was produced by the Capital Region BOCES Communications Service, Albany, NY. Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.