To all GESD families that have children riding a district provided bus to school please make sure that you are screening your child each morning using the following questions prior to riding the bus:
1) Does your child have a fever of 100.0 degrees F or higher?
2) Does your child have a cough, shortness of breath or trouble breathing, nausea,
diarrhea, vomiting, new onset of severe headache (especially with a fever),
fatigue/feeling of tiredness, sore throat, muscle pain or body aches, nasal
congestion/runny nose, feel feverish or have chills or a new loss of taste/smell that
began within the past 10 days?
3) In the past 10 days, has your child been tested or received a positive result from a
COVID-19 test that tested saliva or used a nose or throat swab (not a blood test)?
4) In the past 14 days, has your child been designated a contact of a person who
tested positive for COVID-19 by the local health department?
5) In the past 14 days, has your child traveled to any of the states listed under NY
state’s travel advisory?
If you answered YES to any of the questions, your child will not be able to be transported to
school today. Please contact the school nurse at your child's program to discuss further steps.
If all of your answers are NO, then your child may ride the bus.