Capital Project

On Nov. 17, 2015, voters approved a $37.8 million capital project to address health, safety, wellness and infrastructure issues in Gloversville schools. The capital project would have no additional local tax impact.

The project tackles issues identified through the state-mandated development of a building condition survey and five-year facilities plan for Gloversville Enlarged School District.

Regular updates on the progress of the project will be posted here.

More about the project:

Nearly 80 percent of the capital project construction costs are for work to address aging infrastructure.

At Gloversville Middle School, major mechanical systems are worn down after nearly 20 years in operation. Across the district, other items would tackle a variety of building-specific issues such as:

  • Aging windows, masonry, roofs, floors and lighting;
  • Crumbling and/or inefficient sidewalks, exterior stairs and paving;
  • Traffic patterns that are inadequate for student safety and vehicle access;
  • Water damage due to poor drainage and ventilation; and
  • Strengthening security at school entrances.

The project would also strengthen physical education programming for grades 6-12 while improving safety, increasing accessibility and decreasing travel time for many student-athletes.

State building aid is covering 98 percent of the principal and interest costs. The remaining 2 percent of costs will be covered locally by existing reserve funds. As a result, the project will be completed with no additional local tax impact.

May 2017

Heavy machinery moved in on the athletic fields at the middle/high school campus, launching the work on the $37.8 million capital project.

The site work is comprised of the drainage associated with the athletic upgrades.