We, as students, will share the responsibility to improve our academic achievement and achieve the State’s high standards by:
- Taking responsibility for completing all classroom work and homework assignments.
- Attending school regularly and promptly.
- Following the rules and regulations of the school.
- Demonstrating respect for myself, other students and adults.
Additional Required School Responsibilities
The school will:
- Involve parents in the planning, review, and improvement of the school’s parental involvement policy, in an organized, ongoing, and timely way.
- Hold an annual Title I, Part A meeting to inform parents of the school’s participation in Title I, Part A programs, and to explain the Title I, Part A requirements, and the right of parents to be involved in Title I, Part A programs. The school will convene the meeting at a convenient time to parents and will encourage them to attend.
- Provide information to parents of participating students in an understandable and uniform format, including alternative formats upon the request of parents with disabilities, and, to the extent practicable, in a language that parents can understand.
- Provide to parents of participating children information in a timely manner about Title I, Part A programs that includes a description and explanation of the school’s curriculum, the forms of academic assessment use to measure children’s progress, and the proficiency levels students are expected to meet.
- On the request of parents, provide opportunities for regular meetings for parents to formulate suggestions, and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions about the education of their children. The school will respond to any such suggestions as soon as practicably possible.
- Provide to each parent an individual student report about the performance of their child on the State assessment in at least math and ELA.
- Provide each parent timely notice when their child has been assigned or has been taught for four (4) or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who is not highly qualified as required by Education Law.