Dear Parents and Guardians,
It has been an outstanding school year! We have all learned and grown so much. There aren’t too many days left, but there are still many activities and events planned for June. The last full day of school will be June 26. There are no half days in the elementary this year.
As we move closer to summer, connect with the Gloversville Library for summer reading and great summer programs! Lets have a great conclusion to the school year!
Mr. DiPasquale, Principal
Important June Dates
- June 7th – Park Terrace Field Day
- June 10th – Field Day Rain Date
– BOE meeting 6:30pm @ GHS
- June 12th – 2nd graders visit Boulevard School
-Prek Landfill Trip
- June 14th – Kindergarten Trip to Animal Land
- June 15th – Deadline for Fall Shuttle Bus
- June 17th – GHS Senior Walk
- June 19th – Kindergarten Trip- rain date
- June 21st- Myers Park PBIS Picnic
- June 25th – Pre-K Ceremony
- June 26th – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL-FULL DAY, Last Day of After School Program
- July 8th – Summer Learning Academy Begins
GESD to provide free meals to children this summer
The Gloversville Enlarged School District will again offer free breakfast and lunch during the summer through the Summer Food Service Program. The free meals are available to anyone 18 and younger who visits the serving sites during the allotted times.
The program will run July 8 to Aug. 8 Mondays through Thursdays at Gloversville High School, 199 Lincoln St., Gloversville. Breakfast will be served 7:15 to 8:15 a.m., and lunch will be served 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
There is no income requirement, and participants do not have to be Gloversville residents.
Those interested in receiving more information should contact the GESD Food Service Department at 775-5708.
Thank you to all of our volunteers that helped make events possible. Enjoy the summer!
Preparing for September:
The office is busy preparing for September already. A few reminders for parents/guardians:
1. Supply lists and class assignments will be mailed out to families in August.
2. Please notify the office of any address changes that occur over the summer so we can be sure you continue to receive mailings.
3. Shuttle Bus signs ups for September have already started. The deadline for signs up will be June 15th. See the main office for any questions.